Personal Battle Station
My current personal "battle station" (to quote the kids these days).
This current build is for my normal productivity work and gaming.
I was able to get a Geforce 3070 from Bestbuy. It was a impulse buy
due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was blind luck getting it. Ray
tracing is interesting. The 3070 can run games with ray tracing at
1080p, but at any higher resolution, frames start to get dropped.
DLSS is pretty good. Cyberpunk 2077 runs with all the ray
tracing effects turned on at 1440p. However games running
natively at 1440p with ray tracing turned off look much clearer. I'm
not sure if this is the lighting effects, or the effect of the "AI
- Ryzen 7 3700x
- B450 mITX mobo
- 32GB of dual row RAM
- Geforce 3070
- 1TB NVME
- 2x 500 GB sata SSDs
- More stickers
I have been building my own PCs for 3+ decades now. A selection of
- Pentium II 400 MHZ, 32 MB of RAM, S3 Savage 4, Sound Blaster
Live! This was then updated to a GeForce 2 MX and a PIII 450mhz.
- AMD K6-233, Diamond Monster 3d, some random S3 2d graphics card,
sound blaster 16. up to 16 MB of ram.
- AMD 5x86 133 (their branded 486 DX4), 2x CD-Rom, Sound Blaster
16, 4-16 MB of ram.
- Various Athlon t-bird/Athlon xp systems.
- Too many systems for friends.